Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Author of my life

As a Christian, I’ve made the decision to completely surrender my life to God and let Him be in full control over it. It is only until recent that I have come to understand the difference between being a Christian and living a surrendered life for Jesus Christ, and I believe there is. I was reminded of this by Rick Warren who is the Author of the #1 New York Times Bestseller, The Purpose Driven Life.

To fulfill your mission will require that you abandon your agenda and accept God’s agenda for your life. You can’t just “tack it on” to all the other things you’d like to do with your life. You must say, like Jesus, “Father,… I want your will, not mine.” (Luke 22:42) You yield your rights, expectations, dreams, plans, and ambitions to Him. You hand God a blank sheet with your name signed at the bottom and tell Him to fill in the details. The bible says, “Give yourselves completely to God, to be used for his good purposes.” (Romans 6:13b)

It is so very easy for us to make plans, but I have learnt that our plans can and will disappoint us if it not driven by God. I love the way Rick Warren uses this illustration; You hand God a blank sheet with your name signed at the bottom and tell Him to fill in the details. I have thought of this concept many times, but have never been able to express it as well as Rick Warren. With the help of his illustration, I make a statement such as this: “Take my empty book Lord, it is called ‘Rebekah’s Life’, with Your help, I will fill it according to Your will, You are the narrator, take over”.

Yours in Christ,

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so impressed by the journey your life has taken lately, and how far you are coming along with Christ. May you continue to stay strong, and in the tough times, remember what He has done for you, and that He will remain faithful.

Jewelz said...

I'm praying for you.
Please pray for me. I'm struggling at the moment in my walk with Christ.
Lot of love,
Jewelz

Felicity said...

Its so exciting and encouraging to see your love for God and your desire to live for Him, I pray that God will continue to guide you in His ways. Lots of love and prayers...