Thursday, August 28, 2008

God is all I need

Rick Warren wisely states “You never know God is all you need until God is all you have.” Admittedly, in the past, I have taken God for granted. There are times when it takes effort to acknowledge God for the things He has done - and is doing in my life. For a moment, sometimes longer, we forget about the One who pours many blessings in our lives, who gave us our family and friends, our health, we forget about the significance of Jesus’ death on the cross and His resurrection, most importantly for His undivided attention and love. It is only when these are taken away from us, or look back at our life, that we really value God’s existence and His invitation for a relationship.


I am so grateful for His countless promises recorded in His Word that He is here for us in times of trouble, and bewildered life.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart: do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)


“My thoughts are completely different from yours,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8-9)


“For I know the plans i have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Trust me in times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory. (Psalm 50:15)


When I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me the strength I need. (Psalm 138:3)


The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)


How comforting to know that God really is in control! When we have nothing or no one to turn to, when we are broken, He is there! He is not only accessible 24/7, He is waiting for us to ask Him for help and to share our pain and happiness!

Yours in Christ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi becky, your header looks FANTASTIC! i love it!

to make your font bigger, when you are typing your posts, click on the icon that looks like two T's and select the "normal" option.

have fun. :)

Jewelz said...

Hey Beckalina!
You write really good stuff!